“Oh I am breezing through life??? is something I often hear but then the breeze can take you anywhere and you may not like the place you reach. MICHEL DE MONTAIGNE said
“NO WIND FAVORS HIM WHO HAS NO DESTINED PORT???
and hence unless we are intentional about our mental, emotional & spiritual growth we may keep waiting. Surprisingly not many of us give a thought to this and even when we do a number of attitudes stop us from moving into action. So what stops us?
1. I will do it from tomorrow.
I will do it later, now is not the right time or I have lots of time to do it hence someday in the near future I will start doing it. But as somebody said
“LIFE LIVED FOR TOMORROW WILL ALWAYS BE A DAY AWAY FROM BEING REALIZED???
2. I know that there is a simpler way of reaching my goal, I haven’t found it just yet.
I want to but don’t know how? Let me wait to get that blinding insight on how I can achieve my aim through some miracle means, doing it the plain old way of hard work and consistency is boring. But as MUSICIAN BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN said
“STOP WAITING TO BECOME THE MAN YOU WANT TO BE, START BEING THE MAN YOU WANT TO BE???
3. What if I try and fail, what will people think of me?
In fact the question should really be What if I don’t try ,what will I think of myself? Here the dominant emotion is “Fear??? and the dominant behaviour is “Avoidance???. But as MASLOW said
“WE MUST SEARCH TO BECOME INDEPENDENT OF THE GOOD OPINION OF OTHERS???
and I would add ,
“AND SEARCH TO BECOME DEPENDENT ON THE GOOD OPINION OF YOURSELF???
4. Nobody around me seems to be trying so why should I?
We compare ourselves to losers around us. But we need to “JUST DO IT???. After we start doing, the motivation comes on its own. But as JEROME BRUNER said
“YOU ARE MOST LIKELY TO ACT YOURSELF INTO FEELING THAN FEEL YOURSELF INTO ACTION???
5. People around me who are successful are plain Lucky!
They are lucky because they are naturally talented, gifted or have better parents, are going to better schools, have more money,know the right people in the right places. But as someone said the formula to luck is:
PREPARATION (Growth) + Attitude + Opportunity+ Action= LUCK.
The Five Step process to start getting lucky since you deserve it.
So to be able to grow in life just follow the following steps:
• “LIFE LIVED FOR TODAY WILL ALWAYS GET YOU TO A DAY WHEN YOUR GOALS ARE REALIZED???
• “ START BEING TODAY THE MAN OR WOMEN YOU WANT TO BE???
• “BECOME DEPENDENT ON THE GOOD OPINION OF YOURSELF AND INDEPENDENT OF THE GOOD OPINION OF OTHERS???
• “MOVE YOURSELF INTO ACTIONS AND THE FEELING WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES???
• BECOME LUCKY BY THE FORMULA OF HAVE THE RIGHT ATTITUDE TO PREPARE YOURSELF SO THAT YOU CAN ACT WHEN THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY COMES
ATTITUDE + PREPARATION + ACTION + OPPORTUNITY = LUCK
Pavan Bakshi,CEO, Prime Meridian Consulting India Limited, a company with a mission to ???build leaders everywhere??? is a leading Leadership Consultant associated with internationally acclaimed research based leadership development organisations from US,UK, Canada and Germany.